Associate – Equipment Maintenance (Downstream)
Job posting number: #7197721 (Ref:pf-4901190)
Posted: December 2, 2023
Why Patients Need You
Whether you are involved in the design and development of manufacturing processes for products or supporting maintenance and reliability, engineering is vital to making sure customers and patients have the medicines they need, when they need them. Working with our innovative engineering team, you'll help bring medicines to the world even faster by imagining what’s possible and taking action.
What You Will Achieve
Your technical skills will help us keep our plants, utility systems, buildings and equipment up and running. Pfizer will rely on you for maintenance, redesign, repair of utilities in our plants. In your role, you will undertake the necessary preventive and corrective steps for setting priorities, forecasting and allocating resources for the maintenance tasks.
As an associate, your focus on the job will contribute in achieving project tasks and goals. Through your domain knowledge and commitment, you will create a collaborative teaming environment for your colleagues.
It is your hard work and commitment that will make Pfizer ready to achieve new milestones and help patients across the globe.
Associate-Equipment Maintenance (Downstream).
• Sr. Team leader- Equipment maintenance/ Group Manager- Equipment Maintenance(downstream)
DEPARTMENT NAME: Projects and Engineering
LOCATION: Vizag, India
• Installation and efficient maintenance of process machinery of Downstream in pharmaceutical industry
• Installation, qualification and efficient maintenance equipment and troubleshooting the issues of Downstream equipment related to mechanical/Instrumentation.
• Equipment Qualification
• Coordination with CFTs in execution of FAT/SAT/DQ/IQ/OQ and PQ of all relevant equipment
• Provide onsite support in start-up and commissioning of new equipment or upgrades to existing equipment
Execution of the below equipment maintenance activities related to mechanical/Instrumentation but not limited to:
• Downstream (Packing lines, Stopper processing, Autoclaves, and visual inspection lines) Preventive Maintenance, Breakdown maintenance, production (line set up activities and monitoring) Support.
• New equipment installation and commissioning activities
• Decommissioning activities
• QC and Microbiology equipment maintenance and trouble shootings
• Effective communication with original equipment manufacturer to address / resolve the repetitive issues.
• Coordinate with Production to undertake Maintenance requests
• Attend to breakdowns, troubleshoot, and rectify basic issues
• Contribute to continuous process improvements initiatives
• Supporting in new/expansion/improvement projects
• To identify continuous improvement initiatives (process improvement, energy efficiency, etc.) and ensuring to implement them
• Supporting for the required reliability initiatives at Site
Trend the breakdowns /concerns of the equipment and implement corrective actions to improve the reliability of the equipment.
• Should act with Integrity in each and every activity
• Should raise concerns and encourage colleagues to report Integrity issues
• Extending required support during Walkthroughs, Internal Audits & Regulatory Audits
• Prepare and ensure availability of working drawings for any activity performed at site
• Prepare Equipment installation drawings and ensure the installation of the equipment as per the same
Preparation/Drafting of procedures:
After Completion of Preventive Maintenance and Corrective Maintenance, ensuring all the data is captured in CMMS.
All Pfizer colleagues are expected to conduct themselves in line with the Pfizer Values, Courage, Equity, Excellence & Joy
All colleagues are expected to conduct themselves in line with relevant legislation pertaining to workplace health and safety, discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Environmental Health and Safety:
Participate in and take responsibility for workplace environment, health and safety at the level required for this position, following the guidelines in the company Environmental, Health and Safety Management SystemManual.
• Preferred Education/ Qualification (E.g., Diploma, Certificates, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, licenses, technical certification): Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in mechanical/Instrumentation Engineering
- • Experience (type and length of experience needed to perform effectively): B.Tech (2-4 Years), Diploma (3-8 years) of hands-on experience in parental (Injectables) process equipment and trouble shooting
Work Location Assignment: On Premise
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.Engineering#LI-PFE
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.