Post Doctoral Associate, Radiation Oncology, UHealth System/University of Miami
Job posting number: #7185803
Posted: October 12, 2023
The UHealth system at the University of Miami has an exciting opportunity for a Postdoctoral Associate in the Radiation Oncology Department.
Working under general supervision of the principal investigator(s), the postdoctoral fellow will plan and carry out studies focused on tumor and normal tissue response to radiation exposure.
1. To perform tissue culture experiments and setup and perform research laboratory analyses of these cell lines.
2. To plan and carry out studies focused on cancer biology.
3. To conduct experiments both in vitro and in mouse models.
4. To collaborate with other lab members (scientists, postdocs, graduate students, and volunteers).
5. To perform large range of laboratory techniques, as project demands, such as cell-based assays, molecular biology assays, and animal-based studies.
6. To assist in developing improved techniques, projection methods or procedures.
7. To maintain rodent colonies and perform experiments on cancer models in mice.
8. To record data and analyze results, maintaining careful and detailed laboratory notebooks.
9. To train and assist new team members.
10. To perform other duties as assigned.
• PhD required.
Work Experience Requirements
• Work experience leading to PhD is required
General experience in cancer biology research is paramount, which comes with:
Cell culture. Western blotting. qPCR technique.
Immunohistochemistry (IHC). Immunofluorescence (IF).
Inhibitory concentration 50 (IC50). Flow cytometry experience.
Single cell sequencing. Mouse handling experience.
Mouse injection – drug delivery. Murine tumor implant experience – orthotopic and subcutaneous.
Murine blood collection.
Murine tissue (tumors and other organs) harvesting, storage, and processing.