Job posting number: #7182428 (Ref:hlj_49717)
Posted: September 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
· Provides clinical social work services to and in partnership with patients, families, and significant others. These include social work assessments, counseling, goal setting, advocacy, concrete service provision and implementation of care plans.
· Makes referrals to outside agencies and assists in coordination of continuity of care. Works collaboratively with and provides leadership within the multidisciplinary team to optimize patient outcomes.
· Social worker shall be highly knowledgeable about the psychosocial impact of disease on individuals and families as it relates to their age and stage of development.
· Will seek mentorship for professional growth and development. Requires one year post MSW experience, regular supervision as based on experience and licensure status per social work ladder document and educational needs. The social worker represents and supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Cancer Center.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
o One year experience in social work
· Conduct comprehensive psychosocial assessments
· Provide counseling to patients and families
· Anticipate and coordinate safe and timely discharges
· Collaborate effectively with medical team
· Provide comprehensive information and referral services
· Offer educational in-services, presentations and programs
· Pursue professional development
Credentials and Qualifications:
· Minimum of 1 year experience in social work required.
· LCSW or Eligibility for licensure in the State of FL as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker is required. Employee must register with the Board of Clinical Social Work as a "provisional clinical social worker licensee" or as a "registered clinical social work intern".
Mission To create a Moﬃtt culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion as we strive to contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer. Vision To advance and accelerate a culture of access, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is a priority at Moffitt and is meant "to promote a culture of diversity and inclusion as we contribute to the prevention and cure of cancer." The Enterprise Equity Department focuses its efforts on eliminating those obstacles to an individual’s ability to exist within their personal comfort zone at the cancer center. Everyone is important to meeting this priority. Addressing and responding to diversity and inclusion fosters an environment where mutual respect for diverse cultures, communication styles, languages, customs, beliefs, values, traditions, experiences and other ways in which we identify ourselves, is the expectation.