Instructor Pool - 2023/2024: Veterinary Biomedical Sciences
Oregon State University
Job posting number: #7150771
Posted: May 26, 2023
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Summary
The Department of Veterinary Biomedical Sciences in the Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine (CCVM) at Oregon State University invites applications for one or more fixed term, non-tenure track full/part-time Instructor positions to teach courses on a term-by-term basis for the 2023-2024 academic year.
Some of these appointments may be reviewed for renewal or transition to an instructional position on an annual basis at the discretion of the Department Head. Instructors may be needed to teach in the areas of veterinary physiology, veterinary microanatomy, veterinary gross anatomy, veterinary pharmacology, and veterinary pathology.
The Department of Biomedical Sciences, an integral component of the Carlson College of Veterinary Medicine, provides instruction to students in a professional veterinary medical program leading to a DVM degree, in MS and PhD degree programs, and provides diagnostic services through the Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory. Statewide diagnostics services benefit practicing veterinarians, wildlife officials, livestock and poultry industries, and pet owners. Research is of economic and public health significance, aimed at improving human and animal health and welfare, and of particular importance to the State of Oregon and the nation.
Working for Oregon State University is so much more than a job!
Oregon State University is a dynamic community of dreamers, doers, problem-solvers and change-makers. We don’t wait for challenges to present themselves — we seek them out and take them on. We welcome students, faculty and staff from every background and perspective into a community where everyone feels seen and heard. We have deep-rooted mindfulness for the natural world and all who depend on it, and together, we apply knowledge, tools and skills to build a better future for all.
• Top 1.4% university in the world
• More research funding than all public universities in Oregon combined
• 1 of 3 land, sea, space and sun grant universities in the U.S.
• 2 campuses, 11 colleges, 12 experiment stations, and Extension programs in all 36 counties
• 7 cultural resource centers that offer education, celebration and belonging for everyone
• 100+ undergraduate degree programs, 80+ graduate degrees plus hundreds of minor options and certificates
• 35k+ students including more than 2.3k international students and 10k students of color
• 217k+ alumni worldwide
• For more interesting facts about OSU visit: https://oregonstate.edu/about
Oregon State has a statewide presence with campuses in Corvallis and Bend, the OSU Portland Center and the Hatfield Marine Science Center on the Pacific Coast in Newport.
Oregon State’s beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus is located in one of America’s best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine county. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances.
Total Rewards Package:
Oregon State University offers a comprehensive benefits package with benefits eligible positions that is designed to meet the needs of employees and their families including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
• Retirement savings paid by the university.
• A generous paid leave package, including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
• Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
Future and current OSU employees can use the Benefits Calculator to learn more about the full value of the benefits provided at OSU.
100% TEACHING: Contribute significantly via instruction, lectures, course/curriculum development, and grading to the courses taught to veterinary students, as assigned by the unit administrator.
What You Will Need
PhD or equivalent degree in Veterinary Medicine.
Demonstrable potential to teach effectively.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Some positions may be designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; if so, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per OSU Standard 576-055-0000 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
What We Would Like You to Have
Two or more years of relevant experience related to the course being taught.
Experience in instruction of medical professional students.
A demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.