Facilities Mechanic Lead
City of Hope
Job posting number: #7119314 (Ref:10019490)
Posted: March 28, 2023
Salary / Pay Rate: $28.37 - $42.55 / hour
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope is an independent biomedical research and treatment organization for cancer, diabetes and other life-threatening diseases.
Founded in 1913, City of Hope is a leader in bone marrow transplantation and immunotherapy such as CAR T cell therapy. City of Hope’s translational research and personalized treatment protocols advance care throughout the world. Human synthetic insulin, monoclonal antibodies and numerous breakthrough cancer drugs are based on technology developed at the institution. AccessHope™, a subsidiary launched in 2019 serves employers and their health care partners by providing access to City of Hope’s specialized cancer expertise.
A National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, City of Hope is ranked among the nation’s “Best Hospitals” in cancer by U.S. News & World Report and received Magnet Recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Its main campus is located near Los Angeles, with additional locations throughout Southern California and in Arizona.
City of Hope’s commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We believe diversity, equity and inclusion is key in serving our mission to provide compassionate patient care, drive innovative discovery, and advance vital education focused on eliminating cancer and diabetes in all of our communities. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion ensures we bring the full range of skills, perspectives, cultural backgrounds and experiences to our work -- and that our teams align with the people we serve in order to build trust and understanding. We are dedicated to fostering a community that embraces diversity - in ideas, backgrounds and perspectives; this is reflected in our work and represented in our people.
Under minimal supervision, make daily work assignments, complete or coordinate completion of required paperwork, direct operation and maintenance of assigned shop(s), perform quality inspections of work assigned. Performs a wide variety of routine repair, maintenance, fabrication and installation on structures, buildings, machinery, equipment, furnishings and systems as assigned by Facilities Management supervision and management.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assigns work to Facilities Mechanics and directs performance of the work.
- Directs operations of assigned shop(s), including prioritization and scheduling of work requests, maintenance of tools and facilities, and development of Facilities Mechanic skills required to perform typical duties.
- Ensures that work is performed according to applicable building and safety codes.
- Ensures the safe operation of tools and equipment by Facilities Mechanics.
- Assists in the selection of appropriate materials for required work.
- Ensures completion of related documentation.
- Follows established City of Hope and department policies, procedures, objectives, performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental, and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace Code of Conduct and Compliance Plan. Practices a high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Completion of College or Trade school, or equivalent.
- 3 or more years experience as Facilities Mechanic III, or equivalent
- Current CA driver's license and a good driving record.
- Skilled in non-routine functions. Function as Lead in one or more shops.
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Demonstrated proficiency or trade certification preferred.
- The estimated pay scale represents the typical hourly range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
- As a condition of employment, City of Hope requires staff to comply with all state and federal vaccination mandates.
Salary / Pay Rate Information:
Pay Rate: $28.37 - $42.55 / hour
The estimated pay scale represents the typical [salary/hourly] range City of Hope reasonably expects to pay for this position, with offers determined based on several factors which may include, but not be limited to, the candidate’s experience, expertise, skills, education, job scope, training, internal equity, geography/market, etc. This pay scale is subject to change from time to time.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.