Lifeguard - PRN
Job posting number: #7107599 (Ref:ccf16434629)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Manager, Center Activities/Programs and Aquatics Assistant, the Lifeguard is responsible to provide a safe, sanitary environment that encourages members to use the LifeStyles facility for fitness, relaxation and recreation and to improve individual swimming and water safety skills.
- Never leaves the pool unattended during patron usage hours.
- Arrives at an appropriate time in order to change, check message board, and Strantrols and pool area for safety hazards.
- Performs all daily and closing duties such as chemical testing and reporting, managing pool space, keeping the pool deck swept and picked up, promoting programs, putting away or turning off all equipment and locking all doors at the end of the day.
- Provides preventive lifeguard duties during open swim, lap swim or scheduled programs.
- Guards from appropriate station (guard chair, pool side or roving station) with the best view of the pools and near the most at-risk swimmers.
- Uses the sit,stand, stroll method of guarding when appropriate.
- Enforces rules to prevent injury and upset members.
- Gets to know members aquatic needs and potential emergency concerns.
- Maintains all certifications. Knows the Emergency Action Plan for fire safety, inclement weather, accidents, injuries, etc. and demonstrates that knowledge during inservices and drills.
- Assists the aquatic department in maintaining equipment and cleanliness that adheres to AGMC, hospital, JCAHO, OSHA and local health department standards.
- Attends and positively contributes to mandatory inservices when scheduled.
- Maintains personal swim skills and fitness level.
- Teaches quality swim lessons or leads quality programs by preparing daily lesson plans according to Red Cross or LifeStyles curriculum that are fun, goal-oriented and time appropriate, and takes daily attendance and ensuring the safety of all participants.
- Other duties as assigned
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- High school education.
- Current nationally-recognized certification for Lifeguard Training and First Aid.
- Maintains current CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer for American Red Cross (or equivalent provider).
- Current Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Ability to maneuver, carry, lift, bend, stoop, swim, walk and sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to manage/lift backboard for life-saving activities.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.