Physical Therapist Part Time- Home Health, West of I-77 service areas
Job posting number: #7107596 (Ref:ccf16433490)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
This is to care for patients where they call home...
Cleveland Clinic offers its caregivers a robust orientation and training program, as well as ongoing education developed to assist caregivers in providing the highest quality care. We provide caregivers an exceptional compensation and benefits program as well as mileage reimbursement. Join our team of committed nurses, physical, occupational and speech therapists, home health aides and social workers, as we work together to advance patient care. Apply today, and take an important next step in your career!
Going home with Cleveland Clinic….
Performs initial and on-going assessments of patient's condition.
Establishes, revises and evaluates a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient/family according to their capabilities and desires.
Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
Supervises activities of physical therapy assistants, students and other support personnel.
Maintains complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times regarding patient condition and effectiveness and timeliness of care and interventions.
Participates in ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of assigned patients. Participates as a member of the hospice interdisciplinary team when necessary.
Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or certificate required.
- Must be a graduate of a Physical Therapy Program accredited by the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Current State Licensure as a Physical Therapist (PT).
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Valid Ohio Driver’s license upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
- Proof of automobile insurance coverage with $100,000/$300,000 coverage, upon hire; per policy 8-175 thereafter.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Minimum one year clinical experience as a licensed physical therapist in an acute, rehab or skilled nursing setting preferred.
- Ability to walk and climb stairs without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling.
- Ability to meet physical demands characterized at the heavy level defined by 1993 Leonard Matheson and Ministry of Labor.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements and to read all patient monitors.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families.
- Ability to hear at a conversational level to understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Keywords: PT, physical therapy, rehab, flexible, autonomous
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.