PT OT Technician
Job posting number: #7107595 (Ref:ccf16432411)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Assists licensed therapy personnel in lifting, transferring, gait-training, and exercising patients. Provides aid for patient treatment as directed by licensed therapy personnel.
- Maintains sanitary, orderly conditions in department. Inventories departmental equipment; ensures equipment is in good working order.
- Fabricates equipment as directed; performs set-up of patient-related equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
Complexity of Work:
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English sufficient to perform the duties of the job (e.g., reading labels and directions, completing order forms.
- Sufficient mathematical knowledge to maintain inventory levels for the department, to measure items such as disinfectants and crutches, to fabricate equipment, and to adhere to supplies budget when ordering.
- Ability to walk without assistive device and to maintain balance despite sudden load in order to support patient from falling during gait training.
- Ability to lift and reach with arms sufficiently to lift patient's arm and leg during therapeutic treatment program.
- Sensation of touch and manual dexterity to be able to palpate muscle tension or to monitor patient pulse.
- Visual acuity to observe patient's gross and fine motor movements in order to analyze these movements.
- Ability to speak clearly enough to instruct patients and families who may not be able to read. Ability to hear or understand patient's description of symptoms and response to treatment.
- Mental ability to interpret clinical data for the establishment and implementation of appropriate patient treatment.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems using critical thinking and decision-making.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.