Intake Assessment Counselor - PRN
Garfield Heights, OH
Job posting number: #7107594 (Ref:ccf16431516)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Provides mental health and substance abuse intake, assessment and referral functions.
- Responds to Intake office callers with sense of urgency and care.
- Responds to crisis situations by conducting phone or face to face assessment, completes risk assessment and facilitates the appropriate disposition.
- Provides intake, assessment, crisis intervention, consultation, case management, and referrals functions.
- Performs clinical and diagnostic assessments for child, adolescent, adult, geriatric and chemically dependent patients/clients.
- Documents clinical information supporting level of care and process of the workflow.
- Documents the verification and pre-certification of insurance benefits if indicated.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with external physicians and other hospital personnel, mental health, chemical dependency, community providers, patients and family members to facilitate admissions or other clinical dispositions.
- Organizes, accesses and utilizes community resources to determine appropriate disposition for patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA, BS, MS or MA in a healthcare profession or an RN License.
- Licensed Social Worker (LSW), Licensed Independent Social Worker (LISW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Professional Clinical Counselor (LPCC), Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor III (LCDC - III), or Registered Nurse (RN).
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work unsupervised or with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate actions in volatile situations.
- Minimum one year experience in clinical setting.
- A one year internship in a clinical setting may be considered.
- Two years work experience preferred.
- Sedentary Work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (Occasionally: active or condition exists up to 1/3 of the time) and/or a negligible amount of force frequently (Frequently: activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
- Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.