Job posting number: #7107591 (Ref:ccf16434634)
Posted: August 8, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Perform all patient service and required blood and sample collection/tracking/transport/processing for all patient groups. This position will float to multiple locations.
- Perform blood collection procedures and related tasks.
- Provide excellent patient service at check in where applicable.
- Verifies order requests and identifying information prior to drawing blood or collecting the specimen/kit to be tested by analytical staff. Label all specimens collected and deliver them to the appropriate processing area.
- Follow venipuncture procedures and maintain appropriate log sheets.
- Greet patients warmly when they present to outpatient lab desks or when entering a patient's room and complete test request entry and specimen receipt using lab computer.
- Perform specimen processing and send out tasks including accessioning, centrifugation, and packaging for transport when necessary for all specimen types.
- Accurately communicate essential information to appropriate personnel.
- Actively listen and promote effective communication flow both within and outside of the department.
- Pick up and deliver blood, other sample types, and lab supplies to appropriate areas.
- Maintain a fantastic customer service rapport and interact in a pleasant, courteous and cordial manner with co-workers and patients at all times.
- Participate in team discussions, provide problem solving ideas and contribute to quality improvement goals.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Formal phlebotomy certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills in a team environment is essential.
- Effectively operate in a flexible work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be able to excel in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment.
- Technical proficiency; standard procedures, techniques and common practices required.
- Requires frequent and long durations of standing and walking.
- Visual acuity including the ability to distinguish colors.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to manipulate blood drawing equipment and make measurements.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.