SANE Examiner PRN
Job posting number: #7107462 (Ref:ccf16421290)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the supervision of the Coordinator - SANE Program and the Medical Director - SANE, the SANE(Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner)Examiner PRN will provide timely, non-judgmental, compassionate care to the sexual assault victim. This will include following established protocols for a forensic exam, prophylaxis for pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, photographic documentation, referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up, support and participation in legal proceedings.
- Triage patient to determine if medical exam is needed before forensic exam.
- Coordinate care by all agencies involved in assisting the sexual assault victim and coordinate referrals for appropriate medical and psychological follow-up as needed for each patient.
- Perform and document sexual assault and forensic interview accurately.
- Perform a complete physical and forensic evidence collection examination including Head-to-Toe assessment for trauma, detailed genital examination, forensic specimen collection and documentation, including photography, and assess for mandatory reporting status, reporting when appropriate.
- Document detailed injuries accurately with support of photographic evidence.
- Maintain chain of custody for each sexual assault exam and adhere to evidence protocols.
- Maintain professional standards that do not create conflict of interests with employment or patient care, including patient and medical record confidentiality.
- Must not be under the influence of drugs or alcohol while on-call.
- Administer appropriate prophylactic medications per protocols.
- Provide testimony as fact witness to any/all cases performed while with SANE and coordinate with attorneys during judicial process.
- Responsible to maintain clinical expertise as a SANE.
- Debrief as needed to maintain emotional and physical wellness.
- Maintain open communication with SANE Coordinator and/or Medical Director of SANE Program on regular basis.
- Maintain equipment in proper working condition and exercise fiscal responsibility of unit's resources.
- Share individual expertise with the other members of SANE.
- Participate in quality assurance chart and photograph review process as determined by the SANE program.
- Adhere to all administrative, clinical, and employment policies and procedures on file with the SANE Program.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure.
- Follows system and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code, display of the ID badge and safety.
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain current Registered Nurse Licensure or higher.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Complete the initial state SANE training. Complete the initial and on-going preceptor requirements as identified by the SANE Program. Maintain competency by maintaining active performance of cases as directed by the SANE program. Participate in professional development as determined by the SANE program, including staff meetings, conferences, and in-services.
- Pass a SANE specific med-test upon initial SANE practice and every other year.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.