PRN RN Infusion Center
Job posting number: #7107460 (Ref:ccf16417771)
Posted: August 5, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Under the direct supervision of the Director Cancer Center, the RN Outpatient Infusion Center is accountable for providing nursing care in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice/Ohio Administrative Code and Understanding Scopes of Practice/Ohio Board of Nursing and ANA Scope and Standards of Care. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care for a given patient population within the established standards and practices of AGMC.
- Completes ongoing assessments.
- Recognizes significant changes in patient's condition and responds appropriately.
- Develops and updates measurable goals for identified problems.
- Involves the patient/family (or designee) in developing a plan of care individualized to patient cultural, religious and educational needs.
- Coordinates the interdisciplinary plan of care.
- Provides nursing care based on patient-centered outcomes and standards of care that are based on current research and evidence-based practice.
- Safely administers patient care and treatments in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Safely administers medications in accordance with the Standards of Safe Nursing Practice and institutional policy.
- Documents legibly using concise terms, correct terminology and approved abbreviations.
- Participates in on-going interdisciplinary evaluation of patient/family outcomes and contributes to the improvement of care.
- Participates in the quality improvement processes.
- Delegates tasks/assignments to employees according to their ability and within the scope of their job descriptions and according to the Delegation by Licensed Nurses, Ohio Administrative Code.
- Serves as a resource person sharing knowledge/skills.
- Participates in the Peer and Self-Review process.
- Adheres to values/guest service standards and Guiding Principles.
- Completes mandatory education and training in order to maintain organization and department specific competencies and requirements. Maintains applicable certification/licensure. Maintains required CPR.
- Follows hospital and department policies and procedures with special attention to attendance and punctuality, confidentiality, dress code and display of ID badge, and safety.
- Department Specific Job Core Duties: Accurately administers and documents chemotherapy, IV's and other medications according to established standards of care and policies and procedures including investigational chemotherapy.
- Enters laboratory, EKG and procedure orders/charges as applicable without errors.
- Obtains chemotherapy certification in accordance with departmental policy.
- Demonstrates familiarity of unit-based and hospital QI activities and participates in QI data collection and audits.
- Communicates problems promptly and directly to the Director.
- Performs in calm and professional manner during crisis, emergency or unexpected situations.
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Currently licensed as a registered nurse in the State of Ohio. Prior oncology experience and chemo certification preferred.
Complexity of Work:
- Maintains competencies specific to patient population served.
- Satisfactorily completes orientation programs. Satisfactorily completes/passes all mandated programs as required by policy and unit-based competencies/skills assessments as required.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required
By embracing and understanding the diversity EVERY ONE brings, Cleveland Clinic has created an inclusive culture that promotes innovation, growth, and new ideas. This has enhanced our ability to attract the best global talent to provide the best patient experience possible. Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment/affirmative action employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. Smoke/drug free environment.