IT Support Specialist
Blacksburg , VA
Job posting number: #7100417
Posted: May 19, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionJob Description
To serve as senior IT support specialist for the College of Architecture and Urban Studies’ users. Install, configure, update, and maintain macOS and Windows computers. Collaborate with the CAUS (College of Architecture and Urban Studies) IT team to answer service calls in 4Help. Provide polite and professional customer service to users. Support software installation and peripherals such as scanners and printers. Respond to user needs via phone calls, tickets, and emails. The IT support specialist reports to the CAUS Director of IT and will emphasize on-site work with some remote possibilities.
We welcome applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and disciplinary training. We strongly encourage applications from individuals who do not see themselves historically represented in IT or academia. We seek candidates who are interested in engaging students and colleagues in actively building diversity, equity, and inclusion into all facets of our work.
• Experience working in a customer service environment and managing requests of clients of various severity. Able to manage multiple issues and triage based on level of urgency.
• Willingness and eagerness to learn and adapt to the changing IT support landscape
• Able to communicate complex information to colleagues and users of varying technical competency, while being professional and empathetic.
• Some junior-level experience providing technical support and setup for various devices (desktops, laptops, printers, etc.)
• Post secondary education or equivalent training and/or other related experience.
• Experience using Service Now, or some other help desk ticketing system.
• Experience with installing and administering Windows Server in an Active Directory based environment.
• Experience with network printing – setup, deployment, and support.
• Experience with managing projects for system upgrades, new system implementation, lifecycle management or related IT projects.
• Experience maintaining Active Directory (OUs, users, groups, etc.)
• Experience in applying desktop or server security best practices.
• Experience with web app development
Please submit your resume, cover letter and three professional references with their preferred contact information.