Sr Systems Analyst -PeopleSoft
Job posting number: #7092968 (Ref:10015016)
Posted: January 27, 2022
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation’s leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
Under general direction, serves as a subject matter expert to Post Award Accounting to drive data integrity, workflow efficiencies and process improvements. The key responsibilities of this role include providing comprehensive technical support, analyzing business requirements and developing technical recommendations to solve complex business issues, and coordinating system testing as needed.
As a trusted advisor to business partners, this individual is responsible for formulating an enterprise context impact understanding of business requirements to accurately implement effective solutions with measurable process improvement results.
A secondary responsibility for this role is to support non-PeopleSoft systems included in the enterprise applications portfolio, including supporting new installations, upgrades, interfacing, and production issue resolution related to Post Award Accounting functions and business processes.
The Senior Systems Analyst - PeopleSoft will be responsible for executing the above responsibilities while adhering to Corporate Accounting department standards.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Interact with business users at many levels of the organization to ensure business needs are met, proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and advocate for the use & adoption of ERP.
- Assist stakeholders with the collection of requirements and creation of functional specifications, including an analysis of impact to dependent systems.
- Creation of technical specification based on functional requirements that can be used by development to program required system changes.
- Collaborate with department and other stakeholders to evaluate potential solutions, and influence recommended solutions using delivered PeopleSoft functionality.
- Assist with user acceptance testing as required.
- Provide support to team members when they are unable to resolve PeopleSoft and other system issues.
- Assist with system implementations, process improvement, documentation and user training.
- Attend PeopleSoft project prioritization meetings representing Post Award Accounting to track progress on in-flight initiatives, and to prioritize future initiatives in accordance with the organizational strategic plan.
- Maintain professional growth and development through conferences, training and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest trends in the ERP space.
- Maintain a positive image when dealing with teammates, other City of Hope employees and patients/guests of City of Hope.
- Follow established City of Hope policies and procedures for performance improvement, attendance, safety, environmental and infection control guidelines, including adherence to the workplace code of conduct and Compliance Plan.
- Practice integrity and honesty in maintaining confidentiality where required.
- Perform other related application support duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience may substitute for minimum education requirements
- Five years or more working as a PeopleSoft FSCM or HCM systems analyst or programmer/analyst position working with large multi-user systems
- Structured development techniques in system development
- Participation in user interface design. Formulate and track detailed project schedules and estimates. Strong analytical skills.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.