REMOTE Manager, ITS Program Management
Job posting number: #7089475 (Ref:10009997-1)
Posted: November 19, 2021
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Job DescriptionAbout City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
This is a Fully Remote Opportunity. You may sit in any of the 48 States.
The Manager, ITS Program Management is responsible for managing multiple high visibility, cross functional projects to help successfully launch key strategic initiatives across different business units. Interacts closely with executive leadership, business partners, and external vendor partners to effectively balance multiple projects and develop detailed project documentation to include business requirements, project plans, project schedules, workflow solutions, risk mitigation plans, and project status reports/communications.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partners with executive leadership, business and IT project team members to ensure that project delivery aligns with business strategic objectives and priorities
- Manages the successful delivery of multiple, multi-year projects 3 or 5-year project timelines, and more than 75 key project stakeholders
- Supports Clinical and Revenue Cycle governance processes
- Drives project risk management and mitigation through strict governance processes and procedures
- Monitors performance of project delivery to ensure alignment to the approved business case, design, and committed timeline
- Ensures adherence to project schedules; aggressively monitors project budgets; and reallocates resources to avoid budget or schedule variances
- Provides financial metrics, value realization, and other strategic reports for executive leadership, business stakeholders, and IT team
- Collaborates with assigned vendors to build effective relationships and collaborative team environments
- Continually evaluates methods of undertaking and completing projects more efficiently with new programming techniques, different technology platforms, more technically-trained personnel
- Monitors the changing technical environment to stay on trend and ahead of market shifts
- Manages and supervises performance of assigned PM's
TECHNICAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Well-rounded, highly refined senior-level project manager with 7+ years delivering projects at a successful tech corporation or a similar role in a blue-chip company
- 3+ years of experience managing projects within the healthcare industry
- Expert knowledge of M/S Project (or similar project planning tools) and managing projects with over 5,000-line items
- Experience managing projects with core teams of at least 75 professionals
- Mastery in managing complex integrated work plans
- Mastery of all current trends in software delivery methodologies (Agile/SCRUM/Waterfall); success in transforming teams to embrace new trends and technologies
- 3+ years of experience managing individual and roll-up project budgets, resource plans, and risk mitigation strategies for IT and related projects
- Expert in the business principles, rules, and regulations affecting the information systems for assigned business units
- Establishes and communicates a clear set of success criteria for project performance
- Provides clear, consistent, regular communication with project team, executive leadership, and project stakeholders at all levels
- Effectively collaborates with peers and leadership to share resources on critical projects; seeks opportunities to help others' projects by sharing and reallocating team members' priorities and assignments
- Manages a positive, collaborative project team environment that encourages support and success
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 years of experience plus 1-2 years of experience in a lead/supervisory capacity
Preferred education experience and skills:
- Master's Degree
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or equivalent
- Experience in project management, business administration, or technical management
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. #LI-CL
- Posting Date: Sep 20, 2021
- Job Field: Information Technology
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job
City of Hope is a community of people characterized by our diversity of thought, background and approach, but tied together by our commitment to care for and cure those with cancer and other life-threatening diseases. The innovation that our diversity produces in the areas of research, treatment, philanthropy and education has made us national leaders in this fight. Our unique and diverse workforce provides us the ability to understand our patients' needs, deliver compassionate care and continue the quest for a cure for life-threatening diseases. At City of Hope, diversity and inclusion is a core value at the heart of our mission. We strive to create an inclusive workplace environment that engages all of our employees and provides them with opportunities to develop and grow, both personally and professionally. Each day brings an opportunity to strengthen our work, leverage our different perspectives and improve our patients’ experiences by learning from others. Diversity and inclusion is about much more than policies and campaigns. It is an integral part of who we are as an institution, how we operate and how we see our future.